1/24 Tamiya Alfa Romeo GTV

only in english

Valvoja: FCMA Moderaattorit

eugene78
Heller
Viesti:

1/24 Tamiya Alfa Romeo GTV

Viesti Kirjoittaja eugene78 » 03.01.2015 04.01

It's been a while since my last post here. I hardly find any time for modeling these days, but at least I found the time to take pictures of a model I had build in 2011. Many of you have seen this model at exhibitions, but those who haven't can take a look at it now.

The model itself is quite simple and was intended as an OOB build to relax after some more challenging projects. It did, however, give me a whole lot of problems during the painting stage, when I polished through the clear and had to repaint both quarter panels and one of the doors (not sure which one anymore). The kit had also had a squashed roof when I got it, so I broke an A pillar while straightening the roof, broke it again during painting, and broke it the third time during the final assembly. I cut out the side windows to avoid putting any stress on the pillar again. Apart from that, the only modification to the kit was the replacement of the rear springs with ones made from wire (not visible in the pictures anyway).

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Petri Huhtala
Tamiya

Re: 1/24 Tamiya Alfa Romeo GTV

Viesti Kirjoittaja Petri Huhtala » 06.01.2015 16.06

There is the proof that you don´t have to superdetail your model, to make it look great. :thumbup:

Niko Lindström
FCMA member 2018
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Niko Lindström » 06.01.2015 20.18

I agree with Petri. The second and the third picture look like they could be straight from Alfa Romeo's brochure. Very nice and clean work all over. That paint job is fantastic and very realistic pictures, too. Great work.
FHRA S/SS 570 Driver.
"Well I Got The Throttle Wide Open, Both Wheels Left The Ground"
Lindström Racing - Stock Eliminator Drag Race Team.

eugene78
Heller
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja eugene78 » 11.01.2015 02.29

Thank you, guys! Tamiya models are great in this regard, in most cases you don't have to do any extra work to make a good-looking model. Too bad most of the unbuilt kits I have are Revell. :)

Kiertomäntä
FCMA member 2018
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Kiertomäntä » 11.01.2015 02.43

Niko Lindström kirjoitti:The second and the third picture look like they could be straight from Alfa Romeo's brochure.
Quite right, I showed the second picture to my mother. She didn't believe it was a scale model... :D
Kipu on mielen heikkoutta, joka poistuu ruumiista.

Average modeler, professional idiot.

Vastaa Viestiin