Mazda Rx 7 Group B 1/24 modelkit

only in english

Valvoja: FCMA Moderaattorit

vitanvk
Heller

Mazda Rx 7 Group B 1/24 modelkit

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 05.07.2013 14.47

Hi guys,

My name is Vitan and i am form Bulgaria. I like your forum very much and visited it many times. So i decided to show you my work. I decided to produce a resin kit of Mazda Rx-7 Group b ca, which doesn't exist in 1/24 scale.

Mazda Rx 7 Group B was actually a competitive car and probably the most exotic with its 1.3 Rotary Egnine and 300 hp. It conquers the third place in Acropolis Rally in 1985-not bad for a RWD car in those times back then.
I hope you will like it.

Kuva

At first, I casted teh body at home-i didn't want to "sacrifice" the Tamiya kit. It came pretty good-(my first attempt by the way:smile:). The final product will be casted by a prefessional, not by me:)

I also decided to contact MAZDA Muzeum in Japan..-where the car might be found at the moment They were very kind and sent to me very detailed pictures of the car.

Kuva

The fenders were removed and new, wider ones, were fitted at their place:) Those i took from the second casted body. Since it is resin i supposed they might be shaped well in a hot water. I took the risk and it worked quite well:) Of course, it is still rough, but with the next step it will have the right finish.

Kuva
Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

The 3D model of the wheels for the model were created too:) They came out really nice i think:)

Kuva

And the result for the wheels:)

Kuva

Meanwhile i continue with the work on the body and the details-the skeleton for front lights was done and now it has to be shaped. i also corrected the front and rear bumpers and the front hood.

Lots of work was done and as you see lots of work needs to be done:evillol:
Therefore not so much to see, actually everything appeared to be a bit more complex than i thought at the beggining...but i guess i got the spirit of the car already..:)

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva

Work continues,
Vitan

Juho Mäkirinne
AirFix

Re: Mazda Rx 7 Group B 1/24 modelkit

Viesti Kirjoittaja Juho Mäkirinne » 05.07.2013 17.02

Welcome to the forum Vitan :) This RX-7 is looking really nice so far and it's a very interesting car too, so I'm looking forward to seeing it finished :thumbup: Keep up the good work!
Kuvia malleista yms.: http://public.fotki.com/Lardo97/

asco
Moderaattori
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja asco » 05.07.2013 19.31

I usually don't like Mazda's at all, but I wanted to peek out what's behind the topic there - and WOW, great work done! :shock:

You've really got the spirit of this car, Looks very "rallyish" already. :thumbup:

Got several questions on my mind while crawling through those pictures over and over again... But first of all, where from You got those wheels? Those have turned out pretty well indeed, and I don't say a word of Your 3d-modelling skills, awesome... But who casted those to You by those drawings?

Things I saw were well done... Hope to see even more. Can't wait to see this one gets it rear spoiler, it will shape the body a lot more angrier.

Keep up the same level, and welcome aboard!
Kai Keskinen - Model Car Heaven
---------------
Miks mikään ei etene..?

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 05.07.2013 20.53

Hi, Thanks for the very kind words!!:)

I know a,t the moment the car looks a bit messy, but once it is primed it will get the right look:)
Actually, the 3D drawings for the wheels were done by a friend of mine from Sweden. I must admit he is a master in 3D modelling. My knowledge there is not that profound yet...I hope for the next model it will be:) The drawings were sent to a company here in Bulgaria that has a nice 3d printer and here they are..:)

I agree, the rear spoiler will definitely make it look better:)-i am working on it at the moment, so next time i hope to show you more of my work.

Regards,

asco
Moderaattori
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja asco » 05.07.2013 21.00

Bulgaria? What company, and how much You had to pay for those wheels? Just curious... ;)

More curious questions, who's that friend on Sweden? I used to co-operate with several very talented 3d-modellers several years ago, and I still have good friends on Sweden and especially in Norway. We made add-on cars to few computer games, personally I made most of my projects to Gearhead Garage, and later we moved on to Street Legal series...

Yes, it was off-topic, but I had a change to ask it. ;)
Kai Keskinen - Model Car Heaven
---------------
Miks mikään ei etene..?

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 05.07.2013 21.10

asco kirjoitti:Bulgaria? What company, and how much You had to pay for those wheels? Just curious... ;)

More curious questions, who's that friend on Sweden? I used to co-operate with several very talented 3d-modellers several years ago, and I still have good friends on Sweden and especially in Norway. We made add-on cars to few computer games, personally I made most of my projects to Gearhead Garage, and later we moved on to Street Legal series...

Yes, it was off-topic, but I had a change to ask it. ;)
You've got pm :wink:

Sakke
AirFix

Viesti Kirjoittaja Sakke » 08.07.2013 00.28

Wellcome on board Vitan! It`s great to see some scratcbuilding especially on 3D ! Your Mazda looks just awesome ! I can`t wait to see finished product although I`m more into rod and kustom stuff.

Jarkko Antikainen
Moderaattori
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jarkko Antikainen » 08.07.2013 08.15

Nice work and great talent you have! Welcome to the forum!

Vepi Aalto
Ylläpitäjä
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Vepi Aalto » 08.07.2013 12.23

Awesome project! Keep up the good work, at least I am very anxious to see the final result :thumbup:

P.S. thread moved to section "English talk", hope you don't mind :)
Team Lentäjät

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 08.07.2013 18.48

Vepi Aalto kirjoitti:Awesome project! Keep up the good work, at least I am very anxious to see the final result :thumbup:

P.S. thread moved to section "English talk", hope you don't mind :)
No problem. Thanks

Tuomas Seppälä
Hasegawa

Viesti Kirjoittaja Tuomas Seppälä » 08.07.2013 19.36

Looking good :thumbup:
Those wheels are like a piece of art :worshippy
Welcome!
www.facebook.com/tumbesgarage Hot rods & cool kustoms

Petteri Nyholm
Revell

Viesti Kirjoittaja Petteri Nyholm » 10.07.2013 12.11

Love it, coming out very nicely! You must remember to draw decals for the car driven by finnish Minna Sillankorva :wink:

I might have some photos of her car from 1000 lakes 1985 or 1986, I need to check as I get home from work.
No life on the horizon

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 15.07.2013 12.48

Petteri Nyholm kirjoitti:Love it, coming out very nicely! You must remember to draw decals for the car driven by finnish Minna Sillankorva :wink:

I might have some photos of her car from 1000 lakes 1985 or 1986, I need to check as I get home from work.
Hi,

i would love to see pictures of her car if you have some:)

Petteri Nyholm
Revell

Viesti Kirjoittaja Petteri Nyholm » 16.07.2013 00.17

I tried to find photos, have them more in some magazine or book, but could find only these so far. Well, not enough to make decals... :(

1000 Lakes 1985

Kuva

Hankiralli 1985

Kuva

Others:

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva
No life on the horizon

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 16.07.2013 09.14

Petteri Nyholm kirjoitti:I tried to find photos, have them more in some magazine or book, but could find only these so far. Well, not enough to make decals... :(

1000 Lakes 1985

Kuva

Hankiralli 1985

Kuva

Others:

Kuva

Kuva

Kuva
Hi...yeah..not enough to see the decals. Also, as i tought, her car is a bit different-the front lights are like on the serial rx 7 and the arcs of the wheels are rounded-it looks more like 84 car than 85.

Here is what i mean:

84 car

Kuva

and 85

Kuva

But if you find your pictures in future i think it is possible to make a separate sheet of decals one day and some work would be needed on the body too..

Petteri Nyholm
Revell

Viesti Kirjoittaja Petteri Nyholm » 17.07.2013 13.40

vitanvk kirjoitti:
Hi...yeah..not enough to see the decals. Also, as i tought, her car is a bit different-the front lights are like on the serial rx 7 and the arcs of the wheels are rounded-it looks more like 84 car than 85.

------------

But if you find your pictures in future i think it is possible to make a separate sheet of decals one day and some work would be needed on the body too..
Yes, I also noticed that those front lights are different to the "works" cars. It was written in one finnish forum that Minna's brother Mika rolled that car once when it was quite new so I first thought that the head lights had been replaced with standard ones.

But on the other hand, the car that Minna drove do was a genuine works rally car, bought/rent from Mazda rally team. It just had finnish temporary register plates. Those different wheel arches were good point, I did not notice that first. I try to look for more photos.
No life on the horizon

Niko Lindström
FCMA member 2018
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Niko Lindström » 17.07.2013 15.15

I need to ask that what's the difference between Works Rally Car and World Rally Car? I noticed that Works Rally Car the first time when I was looking for some Peugeot 205 kit in Italy and I really didn't know how it differs from "regular" World Rally Car.

On the subject: Great work with the conversion! That's not easy to do, but you've done it very nicely. Keep building, I will watch this one for sure, since I've always liked those Group B Rally Cars, instead of these new and boring ones. :roll:
FHRA S/SS 570 Driver.
"Well I Got The Throttle Wide Open, Both Wheels Left The Ground"
Lindström Racing - Stock Eliminator Drag Race Team.

Jones
Moderaattori
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jones » 17.07.2013 16.21

Works car or factory car means a car built for the official manufacturer team as opposed to a customer car or a privately built car. Here is a point of view on works vs. customer cars: http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.fi/2 ... s-and.html
World Rally Car is FIA rally car specification introduced in 1997 replacing the Group A specification. Hope this helps.

Vitan, great project. :thumbup:
Admiring those wheels I just realized that they look/are the same as the ones used by Nissan:
Kuva

As the Modelling Master 240RS is soon available I think there might be some demand for a wheel set.
Team Lentäjät

SABLE - Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectation

Vauhtipahvi
Tamiya

Viesti Kirjoittaja Vauhtipahvi » 17.07.2013 16.29

Works Rally Car = made by factory´s own rally team for their own drivers. Like at 80´s Peugeot, Ford, MG, Toyota, Audi, Citroen, Lancia etc. FE Audi made their cars for their drivers at their factory at Ingolstadt (Works cars, registration licence starts with IN-) and Sutton made cars for private teams/drivers at UK and basicly both used same parts for cars. Some works teams made also so called "customer cars", but those were totally different than real works cars.

*edit* Jones was faster :P

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 17.07.2013 16.36

Jones kirjoitti:Works car or factory car means a car built for the official manufacturer team as opposed to a customer car or a privately built car. Here is a point of view on works vs. customer cars: http://wrcbehindthestages.blogspot.fi/2 ... s-and.html
World Rally Car is FIA rally car specification introduced in 1997 replacing the Group A specification. Hope this helps.

Vitan, great project. :thumbup:
Admiring those wheels I just realized that they look/are the same as the ones used by Nissan:
Kuva

As the Modelling Master 240RS is soon available I think there might be some demand for a wheel set.
Yep..:) they used the same wheels, but with Pirelli tires, i think there is no problem to offer the wheels only, too.

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 14.02.2014 12.59

Hello everyone, i've been away for some time, but couldn't resist to post this little update. It is 1985, that is why the picture is black and white:))))) :D

Kuva

Jones
Moderaattori
Viesti:

Viesti Kirjoittaja Jones » 14.02.2014 23.35

Come on, we had color in 1985. :mrgreen:
Looks like a real thing already. :thumbup:
Team Lentäjät

SABLE - Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectation

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 14.02.2014 23.58

Jones kirjoitti:Come on, we had color in 1985. :mrgreen:
Looks like a real thing already. :thumbup:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: you are right, there was color in 1985 :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
i guess i got some inspiration by this picture (which is 84 actually) and the memories of some black and white pictures of myself as a child. There is a kind of a charm it those old pictures..

Kuva

Petteri Nyholm
Revell

Viesti Kirjoittaja Petteri Nyholm » 16.02.2014 20.17

I'm glad to see that this is progressing. Keep on going, looks great ! :thumbup:
No life on the horizon

vitanvk
Heller

Viesti Kirjoittaja vitanvk » 17.02.2014 12.27

Petteri Nyholm kirjoitti:I'm glad to see that this is progressing. Keep on going, looks great ! :thumbup:
Thanks a lot:)
What happened with the Skoda 130 LR? It is a great project.

Vastaa Viestiin